Monday, July 2, 2012

Acrylics Painting Foundation Course Outline

Available in ArtTutor.com this July
By Bob Davies

Video 1 - What are acrylic paints?
Video 2 - Choosing and using brushes
Video 3 - Buying or making your own palette
Video 4 - A guide to acrylic painting surfaces
Video 5 - Other essential equipment
Video 6 - Using a palette knife
Video 7 - Choosing an easel
Video 8 - A guide to acrylic mediums
Video 9 - Activating acrylic paint
Video 10 - Mix on your palette or on the surface?
Video 11 - Priming and tinting your surface
Video 24 - Acrylics impasto style
Vide0 25 - Glazing & scumbling
Video 26 - Scratching out
Video 27 - Acrylics and mixed media
Video 28 - How to varnish your work

Priority Notification List

As part of the build up, we'll be posting lots of free goodies on this blog. Make sure miss nothing by adding yourself to the Priority Notification List below:

1. Amy C.

Love the layering video. I am looking forward to when the rest are available. This site is awesome. As an aspiring artist of limited means, I appreciate all your help!!!

2. Wanda

Wonder why I could not see the video??

Replies
    1. You may need to use another browser. I couldn't see some videos on Firefox, but can on Google Chrome

good

4. Richard L.

I would like to see this video and some others but it won't open. Why is that?

5. Won't open for me also. Using iPad2.

Sorry, I can't see the videos...they just won't open..tried IE & Mozilla :(

Replies
    1. Can you normally watch You Tube videos using those browsers? If you can, simply hover over the link for Video 13 (the only video available so far), right click and select "Copy Link Address" then go and paste it in your browser. Also, try using Google Chrome-a 1000 times better than IE and Firefox.

2. Wanda

Thank you, Clicking on number 13, solved the problem!! :)

There is one sample video available as bob mentions in his email - its video 13. Click the link and it goes to YouTube

Replies

I tried but did not work, anybody can help

2. Try a different browser. Google Chrome seems to work best.

3. tried to get video and couldnt Jenny

8. HI, in the main I use "cobra" water mixable oils.........I wonder which would be the best course to follow ? thanks kevin
    kevinhunt@kevinhunt.co

9. I WORK IN MANY MEDIUMS HAVE BEEN TOLD BY A TEACHER THAT MY CLASS WORK IN OILS IS LIKE WATER COLOR.

10. Great vid when can we get MORE!!!

11. I am an art teacher (middle school level), and planning an after-school art club this coming year. These videos will help a lot when it comes to teaching my students new techniques.

Please tell my why I can't get the videos to run. I'd love to see what everyone is talking about! Thanks.

Replies

go to Bob's #13 which takes you to YOUTUBE. You will find all sorts of wonderful instructional videos for painting.

Very informative video, Thank you, look forward to seeing more

I enjoyed this video, cant wait for more, I already have a copy of Bob Davies E-book on painting with acrylics

Lamentablemente, no se inglès. Cuando viene escrito, yo lo traduzco a travès de Google. Pero el vìdeo no viene traducido, así que no me sirve, pues no entiendo nada de lo que dice Bob. Igualmente, muchas gracias. Saluda atentamente, Graciela.-

Are the videos only going to be in flash format? If so, I will not subscribe. You need to make the videos so they play on iPads. It just makes sense to be able to have the iPad next to me while I follow along with the tutorials. Using a desktop or laptop would be counter productive.