Tuesday, June 26, 2012

VIDEO #5 - An Introduction To Movement (Part 1)

Gavin is a real character!  His dynamic enthusiasm is perfect for a series of lessons on creating movement in art.

Inspired by the upcoming Olympic Games in London, Gavin explores the human movement in gymnasts, tennis players and dancers.  In this first part, he looks at basic mark making before drawing a mid-air gymnast in pastel.

Title: An Introduction to Movement in Art (Part 1)
Medium: Pastels
Artist: Gavin Mayhew
Level: Intermediate
Duration: 25 minutes

Find Out More...

As part of the build up, we'll be posting lots of free goodies on this blog. Make sure you miss nothing by adding yourself to the Priority Notification List below:

Other Lessons By Gavin
Gavin has completed a series of 5 videos around the theme of human movement in art, progressing from representational to more abstract.  In his following lessons he looks at athletes and dancers, showing you how to capture energy and flow in your work.

1. pastels. nice, thanks.

Fantastic website! Thank you Bob and Phil!

What a great idea to share your artistic experience with art enthusiasts all over the world

Good to see you on video at last. Have always enjoyed your classes. Love this series - Bob is always very practical and good.

I am always excited, when I get a mail with Bob Davies´ name on it. Then I know new interesting stuff comes up. Thank you for letting us enjoy these fabulous videos. Simply the best.

Am I the only one who can't get the videos to open ?

Replies

Try updating your Adobe Flash Player. I had a similar problem with all videos last week and that is how I got it sorted.

Thank you for sharing your expertise! I'm learning so much. My favorite subject to draw and paint is dancers so this lesson is much appreciated!

Gavin, I found your presentation very useful and will look for more of your work. I don't generally work with figures but am finding tthat I'm beginning to need instruction in this area. Thak you again. Janice

9. Gavin is doing a whole series on movement. He next lesson focuses on a tennis player and Hannah (ArtTutor's content manager) is arranging for him to paint musicians and dancers from live TV footage.

Thank you Bob, Phil, and eveyone else who is involved in sharing their artistic experience with us. I am sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say THANK YOU guys!!!!

11. Brigitte

Really appreciate the information - many thanks

12. catpaws

Im so pleased to have discovered this website. Being a self-taught beginner I find these so useful. Keep up the good work.

I volunteer teach art to at risk kids at a drop in center. I'm going to try this method with pastels and action before watching another video and then teach it to my kids. Thankyou for posting these videos.