Tuesday, June 26, 2012

VIDEO #4 - Beginner's Guide To Using A Palette Knife by Bob Davies

Bob has recently finished filming a compete Acrylics Foundation Course that takes you right from the basics of choosing equipment, through to techniques such as colour mixing, tonal contrast and ariel perspective.

This lesson appears early on in the course and it shows you the fundamentals of using a painting and palette knife (plus what the difference is between the two!).  You can have some great fun playing about with very inexpensive, plastic painting knives and achieve some great effects.  Give it go!

Title: Beginner's Guide To Using A Palette Knife
Medium: Acrylics
Artist: Bob Davies
Level: Beginner
Duration: 24 minutes

Find Out More...

As part of the build up, we'll be posting lots of free goodies on this blog. Make sure you miss nothing by adding yourself to the Priority Notification List below:

Other Lessons From Bob
Bob has also filmed quite a number of other beginner lessons, which make up the foundation courses on ArtTutor.com.  We have a Foundation Course for Acrylics, Oils, Watercolour, Drawing and Coloured Pencil (by Mike Howley).

The tutorials are quite informative, topics are well organised, materials covered are relevant and speakers - brilliant. I enjoyed watching all videos. Thank you Bob for sending me this link.

Thank you so much for the link I just watch the palette knife video and am running out to get different palette knifes so I can practice with you, I am so excited to learn so much I have painted for some time but ws in a rut

Wonderful video.thanx for sending the link.

Wow, looking forward to these new videos! Can't wait to try painting with a pallet knife.

5. Helen

I am very happy and excited to receive these tutorials. You do such a great job explaining the techniques and teaching various tips along the way. I am sure to be a regular on your blog and site:) Thank you so much!

This lesson was very clear and very well paced__Loved it!

I'm amazed that you can do these for free! I certainly appreciate gettting to watch them as my funds are limited. Thank you. JJ

8. Hannah

It is always great fun to watch and listen to Bob's videoing lessons. Thanks a lot, Bob and your supporting team!

these videos are inspirational...easy to follow for a biginner like myself. I look forward to putting these tips into practice and will recommend this link to friends. Thankyou Bob Davies...as I too have almost no budget for my hobbie. I will be sure to check out your blog and site frequently.

10. Bob, you really insperd me to became professional artist from your varies online different media The tutorials. All are very professional. I enjoyed watching all videos. Thank you Bob for sending me links.
    Thank you for your hard professional work.

11. I feel very lucky to have found you. I am just embarking on my journey into learning how to paint and these video lessons are fantastic! Thank you so much for inviting me :)

12. What a great idea and a great resource. I'm looking forward to hours of learning. I wish you all the very best of success with your new venture

Hi there!!!!
    Thank you soooo much for all this video lessons. Its fantastic how all of you show us to make the different paintings in an, not too difficult way!!
    Looking forward to be getting it all.....
    Bedst wishes
    from Denmark

14. Alan gordenfelt

Not before time fantastic already have your acrylics dvd's here's looking at you Bob

I thank you for your tutorial videos. I am just starting a class in acrylics and oils and can use all of the tips. Thanks again

16. Detta

Bob and his team,
    Thanks for sending me the link to this beautifull website.
    I love the video's and learning a lot in a short time.
    I'm gonna start practicing again and have fun.
    Greetz from The Netherlands.

17. Greetings from the US! The Boston, MA area to be exact. Bob, I have been following your work for the last few years and have watched many of your tutorials! Thank you so much for putting new videos up. It's nice to have them all on one site rather than searching the internet. I want to thank you, and all the others involved from the bottom of my heart for making this new site. I can't wait to start painting!! I wish you all the best...Michelle

great videos. I have done a little painting and hope to learn alot more about different acrylics and oils and watercolor because i like all of them

19. Barbara

So easy to follow the instructions. Thank you for sharing your craft....I volunteer teaching disabled folk and I can see I can use your methods to suit them. Barbara

20. Thank you! I think the lessons will be helpful to many.

21. Thank you! I think the lessons will be helpful to many.

22. bob davies is amazing...i learned how to paint because of him thats why i respect him a great deal....he is doing an amazing job....

23. Thanks for all those kind words and encouragement. I'm really looking forward to the launch of ArtTutor - we have some amazing art instructors on board whose work puts me to shame! Wait til you see the Will Kemp's acrylic still life series - he makes it so easy to follow.

Replies
    1. pat

Brilliant tutorials, thankyou. Can't wait to show my friend when we meet to paint on monday.

Thank you Bob, Phil, and eveyone else who is involved in sharing their artistic experience with us. I am sure I speak on behalf of everyone when I say THANK YOU guys!!!!

To BOB, I have come a long way in my artwork and its all thanks to you and your wonderful tutorials. Thank YOU for sharing your remarkable knowledge.

25. It's really amazing .... I'm so excited ...these kinds of elegant artwork do make my day ... thanks Bob for giving me this wonderful time to watch your outstanding tutorials.. and I'm thanking everyone who is involved in this a beautiful speacial world... I love it all

Suhair kilani

26. Brenda George

I really love watching these videos, they are easy to follow with clear explanations of materials and techniques, thank you for sending me this link Bob.

Thank you so much for your tutorials,love all the different types of mediums & techniques . Thank you for sending this link.

Thank you Bob for sharing your skills and your love for painting....I love the tutorials, very informative and easy to listen too and follow. Looking forward to watching many more.

Bob, and the Art Tutor team. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The videos are great and very helpful to me, a retiree who enjoys decorative painting. I'm learning a lot. Good job!

Thank you so much for sharing and teaching these techniques with us. You make it look simple, that is the mark of a good teacher, but we need to work hard to reach your level.